Re: Charge Air Cooling vs. Fuel Cooling

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Charge Air Cooling vs. Fuel Cooling
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:32:17 EST
In a message dated 11/27/01 8:08:18 PM Central Standard Time,
benettw@earthlink.net writes:

<<
 As far as fuel cooling goes a cool can can't disapate the heat quick enough
 in a non bypass type fuel system. If you were able to constantly circulate
 the fuel and provide enough cooling media then it might be of some benefit.
 I just believe there is more to gain in charge air cooling rather than fuel
 cooling.

 Just my random thoughts as usual

 Bill

We made a cool can on our outboard race boats and the gas would be cool as it
entered the carbs but we never saw any change on the speedometer. I agree
with you I think cooling the air might be better. Larry Mac