lakester design

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: lakester design
From: "Allen Young" <riveroak@cncnet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 18:57:24 -0800
All on the list:  WOW!!  Thanks a ton to all who replied to my call for help
on lakester frame design and fabrication techniques.  I had wondered about
square tubing and know it would be a whole lot easier to work with than round
tubing.  I havn't bought my material yet and am glad I didn't.  I like the
idea of the 2X4 in. bottom rail and the 2X2 in. top rail.  Glen, do you know
what size square tubing Mike Cook used for the cross members?  I am about
ready to buy a cut off saw, and can hold off on some kind of notcher/tube saw
attachment if I go with the square tubing.

I don't see anything in the rule book that addresses the frame itself.
Nothing that I can see that precludes using square tubing.  I'm not planning
to go super fast -- 200 would be a lifetime goal for me.  I've read about
brazing being used to build race frames (which surprised me) and I may explore
this as well.  Brazing looks soo nice.

To Chris Harris:  my computer won't let me open your email I think because of
the attachment.  Say's it may be a virus??  What were you trying to send me?

Again, you folks are the best.  I'm sure I'll have more questions as I
progress down this road.  It sure feels good to know that you are there.

Allen in Oroville Ca