welding

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, ddahlgren@snet.net
Subject: welding
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (pork.pie)
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 22:35:38 +0100
Hi Dave,

please give me some days to get the information together - it's all written in
German.....verstehst Du (you understood).

Silver nickel brazing, very seldom, only when necessary. It needs a lot
of experience and time. Standard is today the TIG welding, it's very easy, very
clean. And you can get the different size (means power) of equipment you need
for the job. Mostly!

1984 I done a protopye building job in Norway, when I was there, I found out
that they got only a TIG welder which was not strong enough to hurt a sheet of
paper, so they got me one which was normally used to build Oil drill platforms
-
this thing blew a 1/3 inch thick sheetmetal through in the in the lowest power
level.....was really gret for a standard sheetmetal work, but at last it works.

As I wrote, today you can get the right stuff.

See ya

Pork Pie