The Rodeck

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Rodeck
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 17:22:14 -0600
I've not really said much about what's going on with the Rodeck based D
motor ... thought I would give everyone a progress report.

For the Last couple of years Dave has been trying to get me to use Teddy
Wenz in Ronkonkomo NY.... he is a professional motor builder and specializes
in sporty car 305's and anything exotic.... He's not the cheapest game in
town.... but he's not unreasonable either... the big problem is
logistic's.... getting it there and making the day to day decisions.....  So
with the help of Joe Timney we got it up there last week and Teddy has it
apart already....( Thanks again Joe... )

The bores are good, the Cam is Junk....( great condition ... not the best
Cam ) The bottom end is fine..... and the heads are okay.... There were lots
of little issues .... obviously it's getting a new set of pistons as the
current set has a strong religious tendencys....( several are down right
Holy )   Dave and Ted spent some time and came up with the new cam of choice
and it's been ordered and should be there next week.   When it's back
together Dave has offered to do the Dyno work.... and we have it set up for
two day's on Teddy's dyno.... which is Dave's dyno of choice....  ( Hey
Dave... why don't you give the list a lesson what what constitues a quality
dyno set up? )

bottom line.... it's going to be ready BEFORE the season for once and should
be a much more reliable set up....

As I've said I want to do my own motors in the future and I'm doing the Cast
Iron motor ( slowly but it's coming along )  I just haven't had any luck
with this motor, and I'm not about to start on one this complicated and
expensive..... I've tried all the less expensive routes to build it and as
with most things it's cost me twice as much as doing it right the first
time...  Same lesson different day....

Keith ( trying to build in a bit of luck up front this year )