Re: Welding/was lakester

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com, kturk@ala.net, riveroak@cncnet.com,
Subject: Re: Welding/was lakester
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 17:50:52 EST
> Lynwood
                   Bruce, One more bit of Lyndwood history. Lyndwood is the
section of Wilkes-Barre, Pa. where the chassis were built. Pat Bilbow put out
a real nice catalog in the early 1960's (my car is in it) with photos of all
the parts he made or modified. Friction shocks, gas pedal, wire wheel hub
caps. These all had Lyndwood cast in raised letters. The aluminum
dash/steering mount had Lynwood cast in raised letters. We'll never know if
the pattern maker misspelled Lyndwood my mistake or he wanted to balance the
letters on either side of the steering column hole under the W.  Bob, adding
to the race car trivia in connecticut