transmissions

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: transmissions
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:29:30 -0500
I would like to thank all that have provided me with transmission info. it has
all been very helpful and my little project is about done well maybe halfway
Just to let everyone know what it is about, it is a fairly complete computer
program that calculates all the rpm drops in different gears with a selectable
transmission or create your own set of gears. Along with that the next step is
to have a database of engines or create your own and then will calculate the
amount of torque at the rear wheels. the next little step is to pick a car out
and verify if in fact you can pull the next gear with the engine you have
considering the expected aero loads and rolling resistance.

The only other question I have is torque converters and losses and
multiplication ratios...

Well it is not the last word but ought to provide a little insight as to how
things are going to come out anyway. It is something I do a lot of and might be
useful to others too...I will let everyone know when it is done and have a
couple of screen shots on my web site. It will be for sale at a rather nominal
price as it will have a few weeks work into it but this is not an ad either....
Dave Dahlgren