Help identifying heads?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help identifying heads?
From: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:11:15 -0500
I have a  mid to late 80's Ford 5.0 motor. I need to identify the heads on
it. I have checked the ends of the heads for vertical bars there are none. I
have pulled the valve covers and there are no obvious casting marks that I
can know of. I don't want to pull the heads off the motor till I am ready to
freshen it up, but I need to know what the heads are. They are late model
with air injection bumps in the exhaust port, but other than that I have no
idea. The guy I bought the motor from said they weren't original, but he
couldn't remember what they came out of. I am hoping they are not 1986 heads
as this would mean my engine swap budget would include a new set of heads
now. Anybody got any clues as to tell what heads these are without pulling
one.

Thanks,

Bill