Compression release/running on 7

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Compression release/running on 7
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 02:14:00 -0600
I had this question put to me and I honestly don't know the right answer....
it did prove to be extreamly thought provoking thou.

If you intended up front to run a V-8 on 7 cylinders how exactly would you
do it?

Why you say..... well how bout it moves you down a class.....  and keep in
mind there is nothing sacred in the motor.... you could take out the piston
and counter weight it?  or could you?  you can simply pull the spark plug
wire?  leave the spark  plug out?

And if you did that would it act like a compression release?   Speaking of
which ..... just exactly How does a Jake Brake work?  or a Two Stroke
compression release.

Now there is some silly fuel for thought

Keith ( why yes I'm just stirring the pot )