FW: Sunbeam Tiger

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Sunbeam Tiger
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 20:46:48 -0800
----------
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 20:46:07 -0800
To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Tiger

Don't know about the Sunbeam but the Barracuda in the background on the one
photo belonged to Wilford Day.  He set records in F and G production classes
with different displacement, cast iron block, slant six engines.  Ford spent
some serious money on factory backed attempts to beat his times but never
was able to do it.  Ak Miller still laughs about it and he was one of those
that Ford threw some of the money to.  A Mazda got one of the records with a
rotary.  The other is technically still Wilf's.  They split the class and
retired his record.

The larger engine resides in an Aston Martin DB5 that he bought with a blown
engine and he wins hill climbs with it at owner's club events.

Wes