Re: Dodge/DeSoto Injectors, Return

To: daf@2xtreme.net (Felton), land-speed@autox.team.net, bigsid@webtv.net,
Subject: Re: Dodge/DeSoto Injectors, Return
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 12:31:28 -0500 (EST)
Don, that's very interesting, wonder where the demand is coming from to
make it worthwhile?  Will people start bringing their Dodge and DeSoto
Hemis out to Speed Trials again?  I hope so!  Plenty of them lying
around America.  Not as pricey as the Chryslers either.

I hope the next news we hear is that Hilborn decides to produce the
Ardun Injector again as well as the Dodge/DeSoto.  They made these with
1-11/16" throttle bodies, and I understand between 70 and 75 were
originally made.  Thanks to Ardun Doug, I've been using #31 the last
couple of years.

The Ardun Injectors were made in two forms, the Early, to suit the
early-style Ardun heads with the end-water-outlets, and I imagine only a
few of this pattern were made, since the early Ardun heads were probably
few in number; and the Late Injector, for the probably far more numerous
late Ardun heads with the center-water-outlet.

As a historical note, when I interviewed Zora face-to-face about six
months before his death, I asked him how many early-style Arduns he
made, but he said he couldn't remember.  We do know he must have changed
the patterns when the '49 Ford V8 came out with the distributor in front
of the right cylinder head where it would now interfere with his water
return pipe.  And, it may well be that only a few dozen Ardun sets were
actually made up to that point.  He made some in New York, and before
long switched the manufacture to England.  We hope that the book in
preparation of his Life, will shed more light on some of these
mysteries.

Cheers Ardun Bill