MID West Meet

To: "Louise Ann Noeth" <lanoeth@earthlink.net>,
Subject: MID West Meet
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 19:30:19 -0600
Course you all know who is really plugging this.... I would love to have an
East Meets West Event... in the middle of the country where those of us
that run the Dry Lakes and Maxton can meet and have us a Grand ole time....
and of course if the ECTA sponsored such a meet the ECTA Two Club would be
part of the Prize for those that could set a record over Two bills....

To me that sounds like just to much fun.... Clean... neat... no salt to
content with and scheduled correctly it might make a Nice Bonneville Tune
up meet.... or a good end of the year meet....  if the location was about
1/2 way then none of us would have the Too Far excuse to bank on....
mostly it would be about FUN.... sounds great to me.... depending on the
location it might make for some real fast times.

I know the West Coast boys have looked at Vandenburg and it's Killer
Runway... Think about the advantages..... the only disadvantage would be
the lack of History associated with the Dry Lakes.... but they wouldn't go
away... this might just relieve a bit of the over crowding there?

.... think about it.... 500+ runs in a single meet....

Keith

----------
> From: Louise Ann Noeth <lanoeth@earthlink.net>
> To: Marge and/or Dave Thomssen <mdthom@radiks.net>; Land-speedRacers
<land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Anotherr race date on the salt?
> Date: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 5:57 PM
>
> This is not an idea. -- yet.
>
> The whole point was to see if more racing dates on the salt would be
welcome
> and what would be attractive and what would not.
>
> Mindful of the great effort and cost involved for many racers, it is
those
> whose responses are of value because they would have the greatest time
and
> financial burden.
>
> Maybe Bonneville isn't the place to add another race.
>
> Would there be any value to stage an event in the middle of the country
> (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas)?
>
> Forget the logistics, the point is to ferret out the interest -- if there
is
> any. There is no sense baking the cake before you find out whether or not
> anyone wants to come to the party.
>
> It may be that everyone is happy with the status quo and that is fine.
The