Re: MID West Meet

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MID West Meet
From: "Louise Ann Noeth" <lanoeth@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:12:13 -0800
 The slogan of:

"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of your
life"

reminded me of the dearly departed slogan of Russell Mendez, a rocket car
driver I used to run with on the 1/4-mile -- I think he picked it up from
another forgotten luminary:

"The person who believes they can are probably right, so are the people who
believe they can't."

Frankly, it think it is silly to think anyone committed (not just involved)
with land speed racing wants to inject money and professionalism into the
mix, so why can't we move on with the discussion of how to perpetuate the
sport, make it more available to more people in more places?

Grib and Keith have both experienced the positive aspects of publicity as
have I with people who have returned, or come anew to the sport through my
book. The wonder and hope in their speech is infectious and heartwarming and
it is my desire to stir-up a lot more emotions along those lines --
especially with the women folk.

I think Miss Kathy ought to learn to drive the Camaro, Mike Cook ought to
trade one season with Penny (he gets to sell merchandise and she gets to
drive the roadster) and I think Jennifer Snyder (Harley-Davidson factory
flat track rider) could give Turbo Rick some dandy competition if she wanted
to.

hee, hee, hee . . .

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth

LandSpeed Productions