Re: Little kids will fight and more

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Little kids will fight and more
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 02:24:13 -0800
Well said Dick,
I find some of these comments amusing and embarrassing for LSR in general.

We have individuals on the List and in LSR, that are so afraid of loosing
their status quo, that they become selfish and would rather keep others from
enjoying the thrills of LSR. They fear publicity, NASCAR, imports, women in
racing, "Big Money" and just change in general. I seriously doubt that the
SCTA will accept the offer from Depends to change the name of the event to
the "Depends World Speed Trails"  And Fear Not! Contrary to popular opinion,
NASCAR doesn't want to come to Bonneville, if they did, they would build
their own track so's they could get the spectator money. (and it wouldn't be
in Utah)

I relish the publicity I received, and because of it, I have since met many
"low budget" racers that thought they could never get a chance to race on
the Salt. (just as I did before I met that "Bozo from Bamma".)  I am
thrilled with the fact that I might be instrumental in getting someone the
impedance to go do some LSR. Besides, greater public exposure to the "Save
the Salt" needs can only help in our campaign with those that make the
important decisions.

If publicity or anything else makes this sport grow, then the sport will
grow like it or not.  It will foster and support additional  places to race,
like Texas or something? Like East and West Unite?  And, if we're
collectively smart, we'll find a way to increase the places to race,
accommodate additional racers, and remove the fears of overcrowding, long
lines and too many racers (God forbid!).

Louise, Be Vigilant, for their fears are unjust.
BTW little mention was made about this past year at Maxton when a very
competent racer climbed into my T'Bird and drove the sucker to over 2 bills.
HER name is Bridgett Krompass, the first female in the Two Club at Maxton. I
think it was as much a thrill for me as it was for her. Obviously the T'Bird
didn't have any gender bias. As for the quote, I don't know where I picked
it up, but it fits me.
Grib
"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of your
life"