Fwd: Re: Rod Furtado

To: salt@ivic.net, larkspur4K@hotmail.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Rod Furtado
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 10:26:43 -0500 (EST)
Hi Folks, here's more about the Rod Furtado fund raiser from Monte
Osborn.

Contributions can be mailed to Monte at:

P.O.Box 18
Coloma, CA 95613

Cheers Bill
From: "Monte" <monte@atotalfire.com>
To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Rod Furtado
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:22:55 -0800

here is the form I am sending out to everyone.  I appreciate your help

Monte

P.S. We need people's name and address at the bottom to send thank you
cards.  Thanks

Rod Furtado Fund

On January the 3rd, while at Rod Furtado's machine shop he was informed by
his doctor that he had to have to a bone marrow test administered.  He
informed me that he had  a blood test taken on the previous day.  I could
see immediately how concerned he was to be given a two hour notice to go to
Kaiser hospital in Santa Clara.  The following day I called Lori, his wife,
and she informed me that Rod has leukemia.

Rod runs a small machine shop in San Jose California specializing in four
banger, flat head, dual overhead valve and vintage motors.  He solely owns
and operates the shop. He is considered to be one of the best engine
builders in the state and has a great reputation for his impeccable work.

Rod has always been there for anybody who walks in the door and needs help.
He allows people to use his equipment and is always willing to give a
helping hand.

Rod has medical insurance, but no disability insurance.  He will be in the
hospital for up to two months receiving chemo therapy.  I am asking at this
time that you help me raise money so Rod will be able to continue on in
business after his recovery in the hospital.  Any amount will help.

Yours Truly,

Monte L. Osborn

please detach and return with check

$
Amount Enclosed          $5.00          $10.00      $25.00      $50.00
$100.00       Other

Please make check payable to Rod Furtado Fund-Account#1003951264

Donation From:

                                                              Name

Address                                                            City
State            Zip