tyre information

To: "joe amo" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: tyre information
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:38:06 +1100
fellow LSR racers
need your collective knowledge in tracking down suitable tyres for LSR.Spent
all this arvo trying to locate suppliers of high speed tyres ,Ive got F1 type
tyres at present (slicks) and contacted the maker  Avon who can't or wont give
me any information as to their suitability for LSR or their maxium speed
rating I tried suppliers an the Australian importer I then tracked down the
only importer of Micky Thompson tyres in this country, who did not have a clue
about land speed tyres they were not in their catalogue  are these tyres still
made anymore ? also contacted Dunlop about the landspeed eagle  they had no
knowledge about this tyre thought I was talking about drag front runners  what
do you guys use for greater than 250mph or am I stuck with using drag front
runners ( concerned ) as these are designed for use on the front of drag
vehicles were they are neither subject to lots of weight or power the faster
guys here are using drag type tyres.
  thanks
gary in the land of ozGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com