computers and engine controls

To: "'land-speed@autox.team.net'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: computers and engine controls
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:38:02 -0500
For anyone who might be interested, the most recent edition of Circuit
Cellar Magazine has an excellent article on how to build your own computer
engine control system.  The article is written in pretty basic
not-super-technical language and is easy to understand. Also goes over some
of those "how does this work electrically" details that can be so important,
and has circuit diagrams for things like manifold pressure sensors, injector
drivers, etc.  If you were ever interested having an electronic engine
control system you truly understood and could adjust to your own liking, or
in playing around with fuel air mixtures (aren't we all?), I would highly
recommend this article.  Circuit Cellar on-line can be reached at
http://www.circuitcellar.com/   They have an electronic edition, and I
believe still offer free subscriptions to your local university.

Just joined the list, first post, (forgive me if I am posting material
already known, I feel sure there must be some really smart electronics guys
here).  I am a electronics geek, ex-machine shop owner, built a few cars for
other venues, and what to build a car for the salt so bad it hurts.

Thanks,
Jim.

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of Waldron, James.vcf]