RE: New TV show wants you gearheads

To: "lsr list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New TV show wants you gearheads
From: "Wendy Jeffriess" <salt@ivic.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:06:54 -0800
Sorry seems I didn't get it all in the first post:

          CABLE CHANNEL, TLC, IS SEARCHING FOR TEAMS FOR THE NEW SHOW
                       "UMC: ULTIMATE MACHINE COMBAT" (WT)

Calling all gearheads, greasemonkeys, and tool-toting, engine-loving,
mechanical maniacs. TLC (The Learning Channel) and RDF, producers of
JUNKYARD WARS, are on the hunt for teams to enter their new mechanical
challenge UMC: ULTIMATE MACHINE
COMBAT.  If you've got mechanical skills, a lust for horsepower and a thirst
for larger-than-life-sized competition, we want YOU.

In UMC: ULTIMATE MACHINE COMBAT, 30 teams will be chosen from all around the
world to create all-terrain Mad-Max-style machines. Teams will receive a
limited amount of money for parts to build their mechanical masterpieces.
If they go
over that amount, it comes out of their own pocketbooks.  They will have
just one month to build their contraptions before they are put to the test.

The vehicles will have to compete in the most devilish obstacle course ever
devised. So they must be built to withstand any assault. And it's not just
about the machines - we'll also be testing the teams' mettle, since they
themselves will have to drive their monstrous creations.

Builders will be chosen from all five continents, then all teams and their
machines will be shipped to the U.K. for the tournament-style competition.
By the end, only one machine will be left standing.

Producers are searching for teams of three people who work well together,
really understand how to work on cars and trucks, have imaginative ways of
dealing with challenges and are supreme champions of the on-the-spot
quick-fix.

So if you're a "wrench", and have two friends who would be crazy enough to
drive a car into a battle-zone, do not hesitate. The deadline is looming.
Apply online now by going to:

www.ultimatemachinecombat.com

No excuses.