Needing Help on Salt

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Needing Help on Salt
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:20:15 -0500
Thanks to all who have responded.

Can anyone supply contact details for Bill Summers?

I hope that no one took it that Don would aim to be licenced to AA and
would then return in 2003 and go 'balls out' in his unique car aiming
straight for three hundred.  The need to have such a high licence (as in
speed) is to allow the team to maximise the time we can get at a Bonneville
meeting.  For the new car to be run to the teams speed increase plans
without having to 'tach' watch for licencing.   With the high cost of
getting to the salt with the team we will need to use that time wisely.  We
will have used tracks in the UK for trials but as you know we do not have
such great length.

I know we will not learn a fraction of the important features of salt
racing at one event but we have no other options.  Unless someone can give
more advice.......

Regards
Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.