Visit to Arroyo Grande and Another Scoop Method

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Visit to Arroyo Grande and Another Scoop Method
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:15:37 -0800
This past weekend, I had the opportunity to take my wife to her niece's baby
shower in Pismo Beach. Well, what's a fellow to do when the women folk are
off doing their thing? Well, I found Doug Odom and went to his place. As you
know from his signature on his emails, he lives in the big ditch (Arroyo
Grande). Well, actually he does not live in a ditch but up on the Nipomo
Mesa overlooking the big ditch (Doug, it is part of Nipomo mesa isn't it?).
He has a wealth of stuff at his place. He has things that it would take me
years to understand and they are common place to him. Doug's credentials are
impressive and he really does know his stuff. He took up a lot of his time
just chatting with me and Mz Cathy (the other Mz Kathy) and I had a ball. He
is one good guy to know. Thanks, Doug! After messing around with him he took
me to another place. JC Performance in Oceano. Man on man! I met another
great guy there. Joe Leonard (owner). He does FORD stuff! Has a small
chassis dyno (500 hp continous, I think he said). He spent another couple of
hours futzing around with me, and me asking dumb questions. Turns out he
sometimes races his 192 mph Tbird at the Silver State Classic. Ed, do you
know him? Like Doug, they have both forgoten more stuff than I will ever
learn in a lifetime. Joe, if you got logged on to our list, Thanks a bunch
for your time! Doug, tell him for me again will you? And Doug, how did the
tech inspection up at Sears point go?

Anyhoo, it was a hoot! Made my trip to a baby shower interesting..

Another subject...
Rich Fox was kind enough to share his method of deriving the size of the
engine air scoop with me. He said he got it from Bones and or Charlie
Markley some time ago. I put it on the web site also. See

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/analyses.htm

hope I got it right this time....

mayf, the rednecked ignorat desert rat in Pahrump where the garage doors
have been installed and the workshop doors have also been installed and the
interior is painted although there is lots of touch up gonna have to be done
and the tile underlayment is nearly all put odwn and some of the septic
system has been inspected and filled in and some of the water plumbing has
been installed....