Tanks

To: Land-Speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Tanks
From: Bill Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:09:22 -0700 (MST)
I just have to share this:
Last Thurs I picked up this unusual 340 gal aux fuel tank(made by Republic that
is
straight on one side  and has a 33" x 65" Cyl. for about 1/2 of its 11'
length.It
tapers down to about 14" with a rounded nose. ( I plan on using it for my
engine
cover for my Lakester.)

I had it parked in front of a Chev. dealership in Floydada Tx while I was
talking to
Don Hardy about how he couples his dual engine 454 irrigation pumps. Some
"sweet
little old lady" who was taking delivery of her new car wanted the dealer to
call
the Sherrif and have him check me out for having a bomb in the back of my
pickup.
Louise, I think she was just being vigiliant like you and her President asked
her
to!!!!

Anyone have any idea what plane this thing was used for? It has some exposed
wires
from the side of the big end that look like they might fuel level senders. wmts