Why This Car/Class?

To: "Scott Cowle" <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Why This Car/Class?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 07:25:18 -0600
Actually Scott it's a pretty good question... Why are we motivated in a
particular direction?  What's our Purpose with this car? How are we going
to achieve our Goals?

For me it's easy...  went to Bville with the intent of learning what it
takes to race out there.  Bought the Camaro for nothing as it represented
an opportunity to Learn by doing.... decided that I could always learn more
by asking folks with more experience and started this List with Chuck
Rothfuss and John Beckett with the help of Wendy Jeffries.

I said I wanted to get the Camaro into all four Two Clubs.  That is the
stated Goal.... I've succeeded with Muroc and Maxton... I really don't want
to change that goal or modify it... That is the Goal...  I may not reach
it.. the fun is in reaching.

Now the question is why with a D Motor and that's easy... Donald Healey ran
in USAC's D Class with a 3 liter motor... and many years ago I read about
Tom Bryant's exploits with little motors... somehow those things struck a
COOL thread in my blood and that is why I decided this is the size motor I
really wanted.

Obviously my real goal is to run a Healey someday.... but I said this car
was a learning tool and if I achieve my goals I think I can honestly say
I've learned alot... if I don't achieve them I will still have learned more
then I can ever put into words and made so many friends that the whole
experience has been worth every bit of the effort required.

Keith ( http://downtown.ala.net/~kturk )

> From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 7:14 AM
>
>   Ok so maybe my question was stupid since most of you probably fabricate
> your cars from scratch rather than buy them from kindly old neighbours.
Spo