Re: (no subject)

To: scowle@mentorcollege.edu (Scott Cowle), land-speed@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 08:41:46 -0500 (EST)
Hi Scott, why did I select my Ardun Gas Roadster?  A retired guy needed
a worthy project and after a happy lifetime of building motorcycles
harkened back to his teenage years reading Hot Rod Magazine about the
HiBoy Roadsters with Arduns at Bonneville.

I'd always followed the hot rod and speed trials sport in the magazines
so had a general idea what was going on.  An ad in Hemmings, Ardun
Wanted, got one response only, from Billy Jack Ethridge in Mississippi,
but it was the right one.  So down there I went and brought home an
intact, original Ardun out of a rusty '51 Ford Vic.

I could fill an encyclopedia with all the work, experiences, and fun
that has ensued, and still only scratch the surface.  Best time yet is
only 136, but it feels like a rocket going through the lights in a
roadster with your helmet up there in the breeze.  Short-wheelbase
roadsters are a special challenge in themselves.  So there is no end to
the technical interest and the fellowship in this sport!!  Cheers from
Ardun Bill in the Great Dismal Swamp, Chesapeake, VA