1st anniversary

To: "lsr" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1st anniversary
From: "Paul Bland" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:13:35 -0000
Well I've been on the list for about a year now, and I have to say it's been
worthwhile, and most entertaining at times! I've "met" some very interesting
people , most of whom I'm intensely jealous of, but I'll get there in the
end,(even met a guy that not only makes fake rocks, but sells em too!) I can't
get over how diverse the various list members are in terms of background, jobs
etc.. but all joined by a common bond, the need to travel faster than the next
guy(or just faster than we have ourselves so far) I've struck up some
"friendships" with  people that I never would have met if it weren't for this
new fangled contraption. I've had some great advice that's probably saved me a
fortune (as well as a lot of embarrassment) from people that have been there
etc.. and if there are any "lurkers" out there, STOP lurking and ask
questions, somebody here will have the answer and the worst that can happen is
you might feel a little foolish (my chosen subject) When I first got on the
list I had very set ideas from my drag racing experience, after all it's (LSR)
just a long drag race , right? hmm, couldn't have been more wrong could I, but
you good people put me straight, so on my first anniversary I'll say thanks
all, I hope one day to put faces to names, and you never know one day I might
be able to help you guys, stranger things have happened!
Best regards, Paul, in the wet and miserable UK.

p.s. Don't think I've run out of dumb questions, cos I haven't, there's loads
more coming soon!