Re: South Texas Runway Race

To: "Skip Higginbotham" <saltrat@pro-blend.com>,
Subject: Re: South Texas Runway Race
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:18:41 -0600
Not that Texas is a very big place or anything.... but where in relation to
something we could all understand is this place?   just curious....
Reference it to a Place like Dallas....

----------
Allen<salt356@relia.net>Carl Dreher <focusrsh@arn.net>"landspeedracer"
<landspeedracer@msn.com>
> Subject: Re: South Texas Runway Race
> Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 9:16 AM
>
> List,
> The race location would be Goliad, Texas near Victoria. A date is not set
yet
> but May 18/19 is a good bet.
> 8000 feet of runway so a course of 1 mile seems reasonable.  There is
also some
> dirt overrun according to the drawings.
> Skip
>

> At 08:42 AM 2/11/02 -0800, Dick J wrote:
>

> > Skip, it's hard to tell how far some guys might travel for this meet,
but the
> > first weekend of May is an El Mirage meet.  Mother's Day weekend may
not be
> > that bad, but if you want to change it, the third weekend 18th/19th is
open,
> > it might be a better choice.  The last weekend of May 25/26 is both
Memeorial