Re: Lake Gairdner

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Lake Gairdner
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:49:34 +1100
 The good doc Mayf
What I know of bonnie is maximum cource length of  18.5km (11.5 miles) on very
thin soft salt, high altitude and high temps and an envious  rich history.
Lake gairdner is a national park which covers 4351 square km ( 1680 square
miles)  is 160 km ( 100 miles) long ,110meters ( 360feet ) above sea level I
think could be a bit lower with the temps at or above 38 deg c (100 deg f) in
March and the salt thickness at the southern end were we race is greater than
460mm ( 18 inches) concrete hard , our cource can easily accomodate a length
of 26.5km ( 16.5 miles ) but we run usually up to 18km (11 miles) a truley
beautiful and remote location it is our 3rd largest lake of the salt type with
2 more much larger and (snigger  snigger ) I'll be there in 8 more days ( for
keith <> tounge stuck out twice.
Gary who wouldn't be dead for quids