Re: Lake Gairdner

To: gary baker <lsr350@hotmail.com>, DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Lake Gairdner
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 06:21:58 -0800
Mayf,

Jim Williams told me the rest of the story ... On top of having wonderful
salt, apparently untouched by larcenous miners, almost endless ... They have
a small problem with rather large kangaroos (course watchers with rifles to
keep the course clear); Flies only slightly smaller than the kangaroos
(don't let them collect in large numbers or they will carry you away before
the big ones get there); An unpaved access road longer than the distance
from my place to Bonneville (120 miles); and some tents set up at a nearby
ranch (sheep station?) as accommodations.

They'll tell you the Yanks are sissies wanting hot and cold running water
and a shower every night and an air conditioned room to sleep in.  Wish I
could be there anyway.

Wes