electrics question

To: "lsr" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: electrics question
From: "Paul Bland" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:06:54 -0000
List I need some help on a electrical problem, now I'm the first to admit I
know about as much about electrics as I do the mating habits of a jelly fish
so the answer will have to be in laymans terms. What I need to make is an
electric motor, about 1/2 h.p. or so (not that important) that I can adjust
the speed of, hopefully between 1000 rpm and 6000 rpm, the tricky bit (for me
anyway) is I need to know the speed the motor is turning at. I know this'll be
pretty easy for some of you guy's but I'm baffled!
Cheers, Paul.