Re: electrics question

To: "Paul Bland" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>,
Subject: Re: electrics question
From: "SMITH KENTON E" <ksmith6@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:27:57 -0700
Paul.
A lot will depend upon the application.  I would visit a local
Bearing/Industrial Motor Control outlet for the specifics.  The easiest way
would be with a DC motor and a DC speed control.  The speed control is
basically a variable voltage control box that will give a digital readout in
% of full speed, or some other parameter depending upon the model you
choose.  If very precise speed feedback is required (sometimes what the
motor is being told to do isn't what it is doing) a shaft mounted speed
sensor would be required. Just like what you would need for a traction
control device! ;-).
Hope this helps.
Ken
#626/GMR