Re: Nitrous 101

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nitrous 101
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:10:14 -0500 (EST)
Hi Folks, re the recent discussion, I always thought it was intriguing
if not amusing that the whole output of our beloved piston engines, and
the glorious sound of eight straights on an Ardun, depends on only the
85 degrees or so of piston movement from 15 degrees to 100 degrees after
top center on the firing stroke.  All the rest of the 720 degrees
rotation of the crank for the four-stroke principle is just necessary
motion so the piston can get a push on it then.  How hard the said push
is just becomes a function of the gas, alky, nitrous, nitromethane,
blowers, etc. etc. the demon tuner applies to it.  Cheers Bill