Re: Nitrous 101

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Nitrous 101
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:05:51 -0600
actually since your putting in about 900psi of pressure into the spray bar
or nozzles.... you are increasing the pressure in the intake to some
degree.... thou you have WIDE OPEN throttle plates so it's most likely not
HUGE.... LOL.... but it's something..and the other thing is that the
Transition from Liquid to Gas extracts massive amounts of Heat.... and the
cooling effect much like the intercooler for the turbo is worth
something..... but Remember this.... whatever the motor is ingesting for
oxygen content with the nitrous added has a Lot more O2 by volume.... 23% Vs
the 33% of the Nitrous.

Keith ( hey Mayf I hope you don't mind I shared this.... I always enjoy your
manner of decoding myth's and cyphering out the truth of a subject )