Re: Motorhomes and FUN....

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Motorhomes and FUN....
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 07:59:41 -0600
At 07:45 AM 3/1/02, you wrote:
>  I've always liked the idea of getting one of those funky Chevy Lumina
> vans, chopping the top twelve inches, sectioning twenty inches out of the
> body, stretching it over a 160" wheel base, and powering it with four
> blown Keith Black hemis, each one driving a separate wheel.
>Dick J
  Howdy,
         I wanna do a subaru 360 van, chopped top, a lotta lengthening, and
a front mounted blower on a 409......
         I had one of these subaru's, put your shoulder on the drivers door
window, and stick your hand outside the passenger window! had a flat one
day with a couple of college students with me, they lifted the front end
while I changed the 10 inch tire.....was great fun, I was always racing
EVERYBODY!!!! and never got a speeding ticket.....7000 rpm shifts and I
could park it anywhere!!! some of the guys at the shop I was working at put
it between a couple of trees once......hell of a time getting it outa
there.....70 MPG to boot.....

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316
        Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                 Bonneville Salt Flats
            H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                   131.333 MPH set 1995
                   136.666 MPH set 1996
                   140.292 MPH set 2000
                   144.396 MPH set 2000
     MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                    95.193 MPH set 2001