RE: Tires

To: "'Ed Van Scoy'" <ed@vetteracing.com>, "'DrMayf'"
Subject: RE: Tires
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 00:47:26 -0500
ED,
I had good results with the treaded tires on the Salt and at Maxton, but
that was only up to 226. That was both with rear wheel traction and with
front steering control. I don't know if you saw the NASCAR Rain Tires I
used buy they had fairly wide open grooves and didn't pack with salt. Of
course everything else on the car did!

Am I picturing this wrong or don't you have less rubber in contact with
the surface if you have treaded tires (i.e. air spaces in between)
thereby decreasing surface area? I guess what I see is the Rain Tires
are about 11" wide but have two parallel groves about 1.5" wide and 1/8"
deep each. It's almost like having three 2.5" wide tires.
Grib

"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of
your life"