Re: Nitrous 101

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Nitrous 101
From: jkamo <jkamo@home.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:30:39 -0700
Not sure why this didnt go through much earlier  ???

Dave, you are just  a little confused between Jon (aka Jonathon) and I
(aka Joe, the "cordial one") :):)
Yes I had the fortune of discussing engine dynamics with you in
2000 during the last couple chilly days at WOS.  I was very
anxious to discuss such issues as combustion characteristics of
various engine combinations and much more,  I REALLY
appreciate you spending the time to discuss such issues
as readily as you did/do.  It is "intuitively obvious" that engine dynamics
is your passion, and it seems your forte, as evidenced by the success
and caliber of the work you
do regularly!!!!

I love an opportunity to bend the ear and vocal chords of folks with
passion AND expertise.

Now I avoided responding to Dad Lands request for motorcycle nitrous
tuning recommendations, because it was requested of Keith, and more
so because my experiences with trying to make power and try to attain
speed are very limited
  I simply feel that I have put some small puzzles together
but folks like you who have put many, many puzzles together are in a
better position to give advice.

Yes on the ignition inquiry,  I have found in the application at hand
a bit more retard than what some manufacturers recommend to
"seem" to benefit our application, now I also know that it could
very well be that our combo has some serious issues, that require
certain aspects of the tuneup to have evolved as it has  :):)

much of this engine dynamics stuff I can relate to pathophysiologic
stuff,   "going to make a bunch of power and go fast" I thought
easy enough notion "initially",  then after many tribulations it
has become readily apparent that the basic laws of physics
(tuning parameters) stay the same, BUT EXECUTION opens
a whole new world of just how MANY systems are IMPINGING
on each other, a heightened awareness of "all the seemingly small details"

in health care caring for someone in an intensive care environment seemed
simple enough as well, airway, breathing, circulation,  abc,  simple
enough,
until the complexity of how many subsytems and variables impact the
"basic tunep" becomes apparent

I think some of my engines fully qualify as a disease in its
bizarre manifestations and treatment

Ok, I just finished a night shift, and its looking like no
one sane will be able to follow this fodder

later   Joe :)

ps
Thank you very kindly for your input here on the list, and other
opportunities to enlighten heathens like myself,  I simply cant
imagine how hard you must have to bite your tonge at times
knowing what you know,  and hearing through "mostly innocent
ignorance" how much many of us dont know :):)