Re: Tires

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 01:32:22 -0500
Mayf, List,

   I've tried to read all the input on this thread and hope I haven't missed
anything. (been busy enjoying married life!)  What I haven't seen is any
discussion about the turbulence (drag?) created by either exposed or covered
treaded tires.  Every time I spin a treaded tire on the wheel balancer I'm
amazed by the breeze it creates even at that modest speed.  When I balance
my slicks there is little to no breeze from under the balancers shield.

   I sure haven't got any mathematical calculations to back this up, but
treaded tires look like big windmills to me.

Chuck Rothfuss
Pole Cat Hollow, NC