RE: M/C classes

To: "'land-speed@autox.team.net'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: M/C classes
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 15:16:56 -0500
Dan,

Thanks!
Follow on question.  The SCTA-BNI Web site shows a couple of tables.  Table
B, Designation Engine Classes shows G as 'Modified Engine: Gasoline' and F
as 'Modified Engine: Fuel'.  What if the engine is not modified? (This is
what led me to my question, as the same chart shows a P - straight
production engine.)  Can I assume that an unmodified engine runs as G or F?

Thanks,
Jim.

Looking at the chart on pg. 90 of the 2001 rulebook, chart D) which is a
part
of paragraph C):

Engine sizes of 50cc on up are allowed., the P(production) is a frame
designation not an engine designation. Therefore the streamliner frame
classes
are by engine capacity, blown/unblown & fuel type only.

As to the total number of motorcycle classes available - thousands-

DW