M/C classes

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: M/C classes
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:44:00 -0800
Follow on question.  The SCTA-BNI Web site shows a couple of tables.  Table
B, Designation Engine Classes shows G as 'Modified Engine: Gasoline' and F
as 'Modified Engine: Fuel'.  What if the engine is not modified? (This is
what led me to my question, as the same chart shows a P - straight
production engine.)  Can I assume that an unmodified engine runs as G or F?

While I am not a motorcycle guy, maybe someone else can field these questions
better. I will make a judgement call that all P(production) class bikes must
use gasoline, same as the car guys.

The engine size is what counts, the frame designation of P(production)
determines the degree of modification allowed. An unmodified engine can
certainly run fuel, to what extent the performance will be enhanced by dumping
lbs & lbs. of NOS or a high percentage of nitro into a stock cylinder I cannot
say.

Dan