RE: Merriam-Webster OnLine

To: "'glen barrett'" <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: RE: Merriam-Webster OnLine
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:42:10 -0500
Glen, it's not "having" gas that's the problem -- it's the releasing it to
share it with the neighborhood that creates problems.  If you (he) "have"
gas that implies you're/he's keeping it unto your/him/self.

That is, my EX-wife (Not Nancy!!) used to "break wind" and excuse herself by
saying "I'm sorry, but I have gas".  I'd respond by commenting that I didn't
care if she had gas -- but I'd prefer that she kept it!!!

Jon    #436  1350 M/PS/G
  Marquette, Michigan
 (that's way up north)