Re: Workshop Question..

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Workshop Question..
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:16:50 -0800
Dr. M,
      I can't answer you question but I can tell you what I used. I put down
a two layer coating from Dun-Edwards paint. First coat is an industrial
epoxy primer IP 714. The second coat is Ultrashield Aliphatic Polyurethane
Enamel, pigmented IP 630. I followed all their recommendations as to prep
work. The standard colors are white and gray but lots colors can be ordered.
The stuff costs about $75 a gallon and covers between 425 to 550 sq. ft per
gallon. The primer is gray and the spec sheet says two coats of primer can
be used without a top coat indoors. I wanted the white though so I chose the
outdoor top coat. The stuff is bullet proof, the only thing I have been able
to mar it with is weld spatter. The only thing I night do differently is to
add a light application of very fine sand after the primer coat to roughen
it up a little. The floor is fine when it is dry but you have to watch your
step when moping it on tidy Friday.
Jim in Palmdale, who can see to work under his car without a drop cord.