A Little Smoothing here and there

To: landspeedracer <landspeedracer@msn.com>, ardunbill@webtv.net,
Subject: A Little Smoothing here and there
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 06:10:02 -0800 (PST)
  landspeedracer <landspeedracer@msn.com> wrote: ....a little smoothing here
and there can make a big difference on any car.

Oh how true, John.  I know I'm just a beginner, but that is sure the first
lesson I learned.  Back in '99, when I was running the little Geo, one roll of
tape = 5mph gain.  Last fall, on my last runs for T/O in the Camaro before the
new heads,  the difference from stock body to stock + two rolls of tape = 8 mph
gain.  There were still a few more places on the Camaro that I wanted to tape
and check the difference, but I ran out of tape (and time). I think there is 10
MPH in three rolls of tape!  I will be bringing more tape (and about seventy
more horses)  in May.

Dick (the Duct Tape King) J