Re: Cooling Systems

To: Bill Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: Cooling Systems
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:39:55 -0800
Bill,
Nothing is lost by running a pressurized cooling system. The advantage
of running pressurized is that the boiling point goes up about 3 degrees
with each pound of pressure.  I am not sure what the boiling point of
water would be at Bonneville, but I know it would be less than 212
degrees F. because of the altitude. I run a 16 lb. cap and 50/50
antifreeze/water solution. This allows the temp to exceed 250 degrees F.
without losing coolant. A necessity in my case.

Tom, Redding CA - #2167 D/GCC