Grassroots Motorsports/Maxton

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grassroots Motorsports/Maxton
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:51:26 -0600
Well Tim Suddard came up with Renne Bryant and we had a damn ball.... and
they walked away with an appreciation of just how difficult this sport
really is.

We started with tech.... Brad did the actual tech on the car and they were
both amazed and fascinated with the quality of our inspections... they had
never had anybody point out all the short coming's of the car and actually
write it all down, then make them go through the egress procedures....  "
you mean we actually have to get in the car just to get out? "

The first pass the car ran 125mph off the trailer... then with a bit of
driving instructions Renne eeked it up to 126mph.... ( ouch )

We boxed in as many of the front air holes as we could and lowered the car
about an inch and it picked up the final 6 miles an hour to finish it's day
at 131mph.... I think there is a bunch more in the car .... but it's going
to be found in tires and gearing... they just had too tall a gear in the
car.

They even gave away 5 free subscriptions to the magazine as well at our
awards banquet.... and received a bit of our own hospitality.....complete
with sheriff's and all..... Don't ask....

Keith