Re: AN fittings

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "Ed Van Scoy" <ed@vetteracing.com>,
Subject: Re: AN fittings
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 15:43:25 -0600
the number in a Dash X line indicates the size of the line..they run in
1/16th inch increments... -4 is 1/4"  -8 = 1/2" so on and so forth.

as for hard lines you can buy the fitting's to adapt about anything to
about anything.....

As for my Preference ... I'm a HUGE fan of Aeroquip.... they just seem to
be of a bit better quality....

----------
<dwarner@electrorent.com>; 'land speed' <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: AN fittings
> Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 3:23 PM
>
>  Okay, it took me the first fifty years to master 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2".
So how do you tell an AN6 from and AN8?  I've got this fuel cell that has
four assorted AN outlets, a fuel pump with some different AN fittings, and
I have no idea what sizes they are. If I want to connect solid metal tubing
to these, can I just flair the end of the tubing and use a flair nut, or is
it a whole different ball game?
>  I feel like ol' Johnny Cash when he built that Cadillac from the factory
and when he went to bolt up the engine all the holes were gone.