RE: secondary resistance Q for Tom Bryant, Neil Albaugh, &

To: "'Thomas E. Bryant'" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: RE: secondary resistance Q for Tom Bryant, Neil Albaugh, &
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 08:31:08 -0500
How's a dc pulse turn into ac at the other end of a transformer?  I thought
that the field was established from the primary pulse, which is a shot of
dc, which field collapses as that primary pulse ends, and the collapse
across the secondary windings creates a (high) voltage pulse in those
windings.  I thought the collapse made a pulse that rises to a high value
and then returns to zero.  Didn't know it bounced all the way back through a
high negative value.

PS: This statement is based on points-and-coil or a magneto -- not an
electronic-al system that might use AC for higher efficiency.  Did I miss
something one day at school?

            Jon E. Wennerberg
    Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
           #436 M/PS/G 1340 CC
2001: 200.471 mph - 2002 GOAL: 220.554++mph
        Marquette, Michigan 49855
          (That's Way Up North)

Original included:

<<<

Secondary voltage is AC current, which means it cycles between negative
and positive.

 Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC>>>