Re: Maxton

To: ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Maxton
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 08:00:42 -0700
Bill,

WHo cares where it the mph or hp comes from, the ultimate question came
from,
"

joe, what are these two 220+ unblown gas bikes like riding on the
>street?  Sky-high compression, race gas, all-out cams, racing exhaust
>system, would usually mean something nobody could bear to ride on the
>road."

OOO an one more lick of info before the rant, "Where did the 30 mph come from
over stock?", the stock ZX10 does around 157 mph on the salt, so that would
compute to 66+ mph for this bike.
The motorcycle is fine on the street, doesnt have high compression, dont need
race gas, stock cams, and an exhaust that is about 100000000 decibals queiter
than a harley on the street.
You might be out of touch on the bike scene, but there are tons of stock street
bikes using aftermarket turbos and nitrous making 350+ hp riding them on the
street everyday, high compression and cams.  very enjoyable. And you have to be
crazy to think the a 250 Ninja handels better than a new Hayabusa. You dont
ever see it a review say, "great bike but doesnt handle like a 250 ninja." In
fact the Hayabusa was recorded as saying it was the most stable and best
handeling bike every built. But then again if you take an inexperienced rider
and put him on both he was chose the 250 or the hayabusa, but thats from
inexperience or taste.
I am just stating to you that that one of those 220+ bikes is great on the
street, but then again I guess you would have to have one to know.

Jon