Re: non lsr--Keeping shirt on

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, webmaster@landracing.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: non lsr--Keeping shirt on
From: Bill Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:29:52 -0700 (MST)
A very civil reply-- Thanks wmts

---- Original Message ----
From:           ardunbill@webtv.net
Date:           Fri 3/29/02 8:19
To:             Jonathan Amo, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject:        Re: Maxton

Jon, keep your shirt on, my point is just that the 300 lb bike is
inherently more controllable than the 550 or 600 lb bike and more fun to
ride when you get older because it doesn't tire you out to ride 70 miles
or so.  The magazines aren't interested in this because they want to
promote medium and big bikes, where the money is.

In road and traffic conditions you need a bike that can react quickly
for steering and braking in an emergency.  From 45 years of continuous
experience I harp about this so that people might think about it, and it
might help somebody get to be an old man, who otherwise wouldn't.

Really nothing to argue about.  We're all free to do what we please.
Let freedom ring, as Jack likes to say.  Ardun Bill