Happy Easter to The Bryant Traveling Family ....... and All on

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Happy Easter to The Bryant Traveling Family ....... and All on
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 21:18:57 EST
   Hello Tom and Mrs Bryant ....... I read what you put on the list about your
recent trip to Ecuador with great interest, and would like to hear more, if
you
should get the chance to send some along to me . I was sorry to hear of the
loss of your bag, camera, film, and other important items . The pictures, of
course, are mostly irreplacable ....... quite a loss !   I doubt if Mary Ann
and I will ever get to Quito, or anywhere near there, but I still hope to get
up
to Redding one of these days to get the Fifty cent tour of your shop, and
maybe get to photograph your sleek ' 34 coupe in its' lair !   We have not
yet planned a trip this year to see our youngest boy Darrell ( 939 B / Bfalt
Black Radon Eng Firebird ) in El Sobrante ..... but we might this year ......
      I also want to say I greatly enjoy your technical explanations, whether
on automotive theory, or bits and pieces about your  two famous coupes
and your previous roadsters .  I am younger than you, at 66, but wish my
memory was as good as yours !!!  Your dissertation on points, coils,
and ignitions reminded me of how much I' ve forgotten these days ......
      I wish all the Bryant Family a Happy Easter, and a great year at land
speed racing !!!   Thanks for the wisdom you share with us on the list,
mostly about racing and cars, and sometimes about how we should
behave here ...... you and your years of experience are an asset to us all !
       Bruce Ferguson, who, like you, lived in LaHabra for awhile in the 50s,
and later in Bell and Los Feliz ........ I probably even saw you run at the
drags in the Los Angeles area back then .  I do know Glen Barrett and I
were both at Lions the same day back in '56 or ' 57, when the early hemi
Chrysler rail came blasting BACK down the strip, after the race, and after
the flagman made one driver very unhappy with his starting technique !!!
       Quite a spectacular show, and one I always have remembered .......
Thanks again for any more trip talk from the colder climes of the
        Connecticut shoreline, where it got into the mid 50s today
PS :    You know you're getting up there when you realize many of the
younger guys at the drags today never even saw a race without a
Christmas Tree standing on the starting line !!!
        ahhhhhh ....... but what great years those were ........