Re: High Speed Weave

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <bigsid@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: High Speed Weave
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:02:29 -0800
Mayf,

Do the weighted flat rings that were put out by Frisbee (Wham-O?) also
develop a wobble or is that caused in part by the unbalanced construction
and lip of the regular Frisbee?  As you bent the edges down they also would
move differently in the air  (Got a couple around here someplace if the
girls didn't put them in trees.)  The kids had something called a tubee (sp)
that looked like a smooth sided aluminum can with both ends cut out and a
lip on one end.  Thrown like a football it cured a wobble as it traveled
through the air.  Properly thrown it would go for extended distances.

Curious about the reason they performed as they did.

Wes