Another "tool" question

To: autox list <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another "tool" question
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:04:38 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for all the answers on making the spark plug wrench.  Here's another
question, the solution to which I hope won't involve my wifes kitchen or any of
it's utensils.

  How should I add oil to my floor jack.  With it all the way up, or all the
way down.  Or is there some secret that I haven't even considered.  I've used
half SAE30 oil and half Power Steering fluid with it all the way up in the past
and it seemed to work.  This jack has about forty years on it, but it's such a
great jack.

Dick J