History and the Rules

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: History and the Rules
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:45:33 -0500
Been following this and adding my two bits here and there.... I was just
kicking back thinking about what Skip just said... and realized it was HIS
choice to not run EFI cause he couldn't sort it out....  That isn't a bad
thing... his opinion was that it wasn't worth the hassle compared to his
ability to tune the car.... fair enough... ( he has the choice and that is
the point )

Then I got to thinking bout when EFI first came out and the real thought
was when the Overhead Valve came out it must have caused this same sorta
Stink.....

I guess what I'm saying is I bet there are NO New problems with
assimilating new technology.... all of this has been done before with
different components and parts.

Without EFI Jerry Kugal would have been VERY hard Pressed to make that
300mph pass ..... look at Mike Cooks effort and what he did.....  Add Mike
Lefever and EFI and you have an instant overnight success....( over night
in what 25yrs? )

This will all get sorted out.... and I might have to find another class to
race in ... but only for This year... next year or the following we will
have assimilated a new class with the Classic category and I honestly
believe be better for it.

Keith ( no kidding I'd rather have it this year... but for now these are
the cards we're dealt.)