RE: V8 bike motors.

To: "'Joe Amo'" <jkamo@rap.midco.net>, Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: V8 bike motors.
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:30:21 -0700
Hey, Glen Curtiss used one of his V8 aero engines in a bike and set a land
speed record way back in 1907, went something like 135MPH on a beach in
Florida.  Making him the "fastest man on earth" at that time.

I believe it's in the Smithsonian Air Museum (at least it was the last time
I was there).  Looking at that bike and thinking about a beach makes me
think he was at least as brave as any of our guys today.

Dale C.

(I assume we're NOT talking about the Boss Hoss, LOL)

                I was prodding Rick Y.:):)

                Joe

                Dick J wrote:

                > Joe,
                >
                > A whole bunch of us old gray-bearded cage drivers rode
bikes for many
                > years - - in a far far land, long, long ago.........  LOL
                >
                > Dick J
                >
                >   Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net> wrote:
                >
                >     Yeah Rick, what do you know about V-8
                >     motorcycle motors??
                >
                >     Joe :)

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..